Thursday, February 2, 2023

February 2 - “That certain position”

I had a thought about the medical staff that performed the procedure on my back the other day. The lead doc’s first name was Adam. The Fellow (capital F) who assisted was named Benjamin. And the lead nurse who called the shots in the procedure room was Sara. Wish I had noticed sooner that I was surrounded by Biblical characters. It probably would have helped calm me when it hurt so bad.

 

I took Sam over to Tideway for her physical therapy session in the water.  She really likes that 90-degree pool water. Her therapist is Nick. Last week he was Slick Nick. She really liked his style. Not so much this week. Seems he worked her really hard. So hard, in fact, that she was comparing him to ol’ Sick Nick, the physical therapist who made Chris sick so many times. Sounds like Sam made it through with flying colors, though.

 

In the afternoon I took Chris back up into Texas for her first follow-up appointment. The doc said the eye looked great, other than a little expected swelling. Same thing happened last time. Big difference here, though. This time the eye has been throbbing off and on. Tylenol helps, though, and the doc didn’t seem worried, so I guess so far so good. Next follow-up is next week … to be continued.

 

Update on my back: still no real pain. The tingly-zinging is definitely returning, though.  Especially when I hit “that certain position.”  They told me something like that could happen after a few days. I’m supposed to wait at least a week to see how things play out.  I guess I’ll just have to live with my zing-back at this point. 

 

Psalms 40:1-2 says, I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.”

 

Father, thank you that Sam is doing well with her therapy. And please heal Chris’ eyes heal quickly and well. Amen.

No comments: