Friday, February 24, 2023

February 24 - “My new hero”

Finally. Some down time. Well, sort of. I woke up at 2:30 the first time. Dozed back off. Then again at 3 and 4. I gave up that time and just got up. No pains to speak of. I was just awake.

 

I went into the office and put together a Bible study for home group. Since Josh and crew weren’t coming, we decided to meet after all. Once Chris woke up and we had some breakfast, we took a walk. Mine was the baby version. Half mile again. She upped hers to three. I also did my hour’s worth of back and hip exercises, though. Gotta get some credit for that.

 

I spent some time at the puzzle table. This new one is another tough one. Thousand pieces. Lots of trees and sky and snow and water. That pretty much sums up the color schemes. It’ll take a while. I always encourage the folks at home group to give it a go, but they seemed to agree with me on the complexities of this one. Lauren managed to get in her three pieces, though.

 

I made a new friend last night. I met none other than Doorbell Dad. Seems this guy goes to his neighbors’ house and tells Dad jokes to their ring doorbell. He is, of course, captured on the video feed. The guy is absolutely hilarious. Most definitely my new hero. Check him out. Just Google “Doorbell Dad.”

 

John 8:32 says, Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

 

Father, thank you for opportunities to laugh at goofy jokes and antics. Give me more chances to see that … and maybe even do some of my own. Amen.

No comments: