Saturday, February 25, 2023

February 25 - “First practice”

We did another walk yesterday. Two days in a row. Well, for me, that’s some kind of record. Chris does it all the time. Not to mention she goes three miles and I go s half mile. But I’m getting there. My back didn’t hurt. My hip did a little barking, but I worked through it.

 

When Chris went with Sam to her physical therapy evaluation session, I stayed behind and plopped myself down at the puzzle table. Some days that is an incredibly frustrating thing to do. Other days, it is just as incredibly relaxing. Yesterday was the latter. So much so, in fact, that I actually got the thing finished. Well, Chris finished the last four pieces when she got home. That one was a toughie. Bring on the next. Sam has one picked out that she thinks will be pretty easy. We’ll see.

 

Last night we had a late-night visitor arrive. I don’t know what time it was, but Sam had already retired for the evening, so I know “Walker, Texas Ranger” was over.  Kel and Josiah walked in the front door. Kel stayed and chatted for a while about the coming renovations at Seaside. Josiah, on the other hand, stayed all night. He has baseball practice this morning right down the street from our house, so this way Kel doesn’t have to get up extra early to bring him. Speaking of early rising, I guess I need to wake him up. Don’t want to waste even a second. After all, it’s baseball season!

 

Philippians 4:7 says, And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

 

Father, be with the boys today as they practice for the first time. Help them to have fun.  Amen.

No comments: