Monday, February 6, 2023

February 6 - “Full house”

We had a really full house at church yesterday. I tried to do a count, but I couldn’t see everybody. Had to be near 70, though. Pastor Kel continued the series from Micah. And next week I get to continue it even further. He asked me to do the next teaching in line. Yes, I have a Visual Verse all picked out. It’s back to work now, though, to get a teaching done, along with the Home Group Bible study and getting ready for the Super Bowl Commercial party and attending a funeral and getting Chris and Sam to their doctor’s appointments.

 

After church we went with some folks to Pit Stop Barbecue for lunch. Brennan came with us, too, since his folks stayed for a meeting. Chris had her usual chucked salad. I went for the rib plate with fried okra and mac and cheese. Brennan nabbed a baked potato.  Good stuff.

 

Back at home Chris got going on her next quilt. I did some jigsaw puzzling. We also binge-watched some episodes of Colombo. How’s that for a blast from the past?  There may or may not have been some dozing involved.

 

2 Timothy 1:7 says, For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”

 

Father, thanks for drawing all those folks to church yesterday. And would you continue to be with Andy’s family in their grief and decision-making?  Amen.

No comments: