Monday, September 23, 2024

September 23 - “A change in perspective”


It was an early morning here. We were both up at 4:30. For Chris it was again. She has been checking in on Sam through the night. For me it was just … time to get up. 


I went on to church, but kept in contact with Chris. At one point she texted that Sam had begun coughing. She wondered if she should call the hospice nurse for advice. I voted a hearty yes. The nurse said she would be there in about an hour. I told Chris I’d come on home as soon as I realized I was starting to fall asleep. She told me to finish my nap before driving. I obliged … I think. 


OK. The word on Sam is that she is probably getting pretty close to the end. Or to change perspective … close to a new beginning for her with the Lord. We are so glad to have the help of hospice during this time. Keep those prayers coming. 


‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41‬:‭13‬ ‭ says, For I, Yahweh your God, hold your right hand and say to you: Do not fear, I will help you.


Father, thank you for the presence and assistance of the hospice folks. Bless them for their work. Amen. 

No comments: