Friday, September 20, 2024

September 20 - “Bright Eyes”


Chris had an appointment with the eye doctor yesterday, so she was gone much of the morning. She got an explanation from the doc as to why she has trouble seeing to drive at night. One of three reasons: 1) cataracts. Those have been dealt with. 2) light colored eyes. Chris has very light blue eyes. 3) “when you reach a certain age …” Ouch. So basically … live with it and don’t drive at night. 


While she was gone, I actually spent time doing work at my desk instead of in the back yard. I was working on the plan for Experiencing God for Sunday night. We’re gonna have a game night, so I anticipate a lot of 4-square and ping pong and maybe some games brought from home. But I wanted to put together a kind of games fellowship with a debrief of each one as it relates to Experiencing God and, well, Jesus!


In the afternoon I was sent on an excursion. OK, OK. That’s supposed to be a classy way of saying Chris asked me to pick up a few things at Walmart. Never pass that up. 


Helen came by about four and brought Sam some supper. I know it was for Sam. It was Chinese food. Nope. Not for me. Chris and I didn’t eat until later in the evening. 


Speaking of eating later, just as we were finishing up, we had a phone call with some pretty special news. AnnaGrace was selected to be an angel in a production of The Nutcracker in Waco. Oh! And Caleb was number fourteen in the state in tackles for six-man football last week. Wanna meet some proud grandparents? 


Proverbs‬ ‭19‬:‭17‬ ‭ says, Kindness to the poor is a loan to the Lord, and He will give a reward to the lender.


Father, thanks for the explanation Chris got from the eye doc as to why she has trouble seeing to drive at night. It did explain a lot. Amen. 

No comments: