Wednesday, September 11, 2024

September 11 - “The Visitors”


Ouch. Tough night. All that fence building did a number on me. I woke up several times with my legs cramping. At least they were equal opportunity cramps. Alternated legs and muscles within said appendages. Guess that’s evidence that I actually did some work. Or so least that my body thought I did some work. 


It was really cool when we got up. I don’t think it was the cold front, though. It looked like the outer bands of Tropical Storm Francine may be rapidly approaching. 


Yesterday afternoon we had a great surprise visit from a friend who moved to Ohio. Dan still has a house in the West End of the island, though. He was down here doing some repairs on that house. And as part of his visit, he gave us a gift that he and his wife got for us back when I retired. It was a set of dishes with a really pretty lighthouse highlighted on each piece. Thanks so much, Dan and Wendy! 


Speaking of visits, we also had an appearance by Robert. He came by on his way home from eating chicken somewhere. Just wanted to check on Sam. Thanks for coming, Rob. 


‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5‬:‭12‬-‭13‬ says, Now we ask you, brothers, to give recognition to those who labor among you and lead you in the Lord and admonish you, and to regard them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.


Father, thanks for Adam and Robert and their visits. Special times. Amen. 

No comments: