Tuesday, November 8, 2022

November 8 - “Amid a Million”

I actually managed to stay in bed until almost six yesterday. I was awake off and on from about 2:30 on, but I was able to find a somewhat comfortable position without retiring to the recliner. I did my back exercises before Chris made her appearance. Then we went for a walk. Well, I made it a mile and a half. Chris went longer. 

 

We realized about lunchtime that yesterday was the first day in a while that we didn’t have to be anywhere in particular or do anything special. Chris washed clothes. I wrote a story.

 

Oh, we did watch the Astros parade on TV. And as a bonus there, we actually saw Noa, Josiah, Ezra, and Micah on the TV feed. Yep. They were right there among the million plus people who were suddenly rabid Astros fans. Exciting stuff.

 

The rest of the day really was one of relaxing.  I broke out a new jigsaw puzzle. Chris worked on some sewing.  We watched two or three movies on the new Great American Family Network.  That’s the one that is the big rival to the Hallmark Channel.  So far I do like it, but then all we ever do is tape the movies and fast forward through commercials. Guess it remains to be seen if we can tell a difference.

 

Psalms 19:7 says, “The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.”

 

Father, thank you for taking care of Kel and his family while they were ensconced amid those million people.  It helped that we got to catch a glimpse of them on TV.  Amen.

No comments: