Thursday, November 3, 2022

November 3 - “I’ll take that gift”

Walked a mile with Chris. She kept going. I came back home and did my back and hip exercises.

 

Truck battery died again. This time I just pulled it out and took it back. It’s a three-year battery that is barely a year and a half old. They couldn’t get their computer/cash register to work for what they were supposed to do (give me a new battery with whatever the remaining warranty time was). After a call to a customer service manager and some serious finagling by him, he finally did a cash return as if the old one cost the same as the new one. He even had to take the exact change out of the register. Then he rang up the new battery as a brand-new purchase. Good for me. Now I have a new battery and a full three-year warranty. I’ll take that gift. I got the old one out and the new one in pretty quickly, so the truck is now parked in the Geran’s driveway, awaiting the brand-new street the city is planning to give us … starting sometime this morning.

 

After lunch I spent some time working on a poster for our very first First Saturday Breakfast at Seaside. It’s a fund raiser with the proceeds going toward the upcoming mission trip to Alaska. Guess I got elected because I had the most pictures of the Humphries Family.

 

Last night was back to … the TV. World Series game 4. The Astros were down two games to one. They came back and did it in style. Three pitchers combined for just the second no-hitter in World Series history. Pretty exciting stuff.

 

Psalms 23:1-2 says, The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

 

Father, thanks for being our shepherd.  Sometimes just knowing you are there is enough. Amen.

No comments: