Friday, November 11, 2022

November 11 - “Being there”

I was up, so I went ahead and moved the car at 6:30 a.m. to our neighbor’s driveway. Good thing. Our driveway was completely blocked the rest of the day by the roadwork.

 

We left around 10 for a funeral in Texas City for Seasider Sandy’s dad. He was a believer, so the service was upbeat and celebratory. Lots of laughter and a few tears in the reminiscing. It was really good to see several other Seasiders and Pastor Kel there. Sandy appreciated our being there a lot.

 

We went next over to Gringos to eat and to use up some gift cards. That place is Chris’ favorite Mexican food place. I like the free ice cream cone machine (which happened to be on the fritz, sadly). On the way home we stopped by Academy to see if they had an Astros championship hat. No chance. Oh well. I’ll wait.

 

Back home, the street was still torn up and they were working hard. We had a big pile of crushed something or other right in front of our house, just waiting to be spread out. They finally got to it around 4, and by the time the left, we had an open path to our driveway. The street is still kind of a mess, but it is passable. Our home group folks were all able to get here last night.

 

Psalms 34:4-5 says, I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.”

 

Father, please be with Sandy and her family as they walk with you through this tough time. Thank you that it is made easier knowing her Dad was a Christian. Amen.

No comments: