Thursday, November 24, 2022

November 24 - “Prep Day”

My day began quite early.  I had a 7:45 physical therapy appointment. It was the evaluation intro, so she turned my hips every which way but loose. And she definitely found the spot that hurts.  She went over her findings with me, then did something I really didn’t expect.  She gave me the option of coming in for therapy or doing it at home.  Three guesses which of the two I chose.  She assigned me some appropriate exercises, printed out a few pages showing how to do them, and said “come back in three weeks if you promise to do them at home.” Yup.  Done.

 

Kel and Noa and Ezra were there when I got home. Of course, Cailyn was still there as well. Kel already had his turkey air fryer set up. I set up our grease one and lit the fire. His was ready faster. Mine cooked faster. Much faster. Mine did two turkeys to his one. But his won in the cleanup department. In the end, we fried six turkeys. Got them cut off the bone and ready to go for Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, Chris and the girls (and Ezra) made four or five pies and a few batches of cookies. And around 4, Chris rewarded everyone’s hard work by doling out a slice of pie for all comers. Yum.

 

Psalms 23:6 says, Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

 

Father, thank you for the help we had yesterday for Prep Day. Now please grant their families safe travels today as they head to their various places to celebrate Thanksgiving.  And bring our gang safely here for tomorrow. Amen.

 

No comments: