Monday, November 21, 2022

November 21 - “5-4-3-2-1”

I was casually eating my breakfast when I was greeted by a sly-grinning little face. AnnaGrace was standing very close. I listened intently as she whispered, “I have a surprise to show you. Are you ready?”  I assured her I was paying close attention. She continued, “5-4-3-2-1!” At that she opened her mouth. Fortunately, I had been warned by her the day before that she had a wiggly tooth, so I asked where it was. She excitedly explained, “My tooth fell out last night.”  Suddenly, she stopped. A look if realization came across her face. “Wait. Did the tooth fairy came last night?” Off she ran, back to her bedroom. Sure enough, her reward was there. Christi told me that AnnaGrace came into their bedroom at 3 in the morning to inform them of the big event. And, hey. Losing your first wiggly tooth is about as big as it gets for a six-year-old.

 

After church we went out to eat at … Rosa’s … Mexican food … again. This time I switched out my order and had tamales and queso. Not too bad. I’d order it again.

 

Instead of heading back to the house, we went back to the church and helped pack shoeboxes for kids overseas. When all was said and done, we packed up 585 boxes, over a hundred more than they usually do. Nice job, guys.

 

Finally, we sat in on their business meeting. The main business was the calling of a new youth pastor. We had met him before and really liked him. All went well with the vote. He is now “official.”  He will do a great job.

 

Psalms 100:4 says, Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.”

 

Father, please be with Zak as he visits Howard Payne University today. Keep them safe on the road, and give him clarity in what he’s looking for. Amen.

 

No comments: