Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9 – “Oh, My Aching Back”

 

Church this morning held great promise.  I guess by definition, it always does.  Today was no exception.  I knew there would be a big crowd, because the group from Arlington was staying.  We also had a baptism, so that was a special treat.  Sure enough we had lots of folks.  Some new locals along with our usual summer visitor crowd.

 

We stuck around for lunch with the group from Arlington.  They brought in some Papa John's pizza and heated up some of the leftover food from their stay this week.  They then split up into several groups.  Some went to the beach for sun.  Some went to the Strand for ice cream.  Some went to Seawolf Park for culture.  We went home for a nap. 

 

My back really hurt today.  It started when I woke up this morning around five.  It didn't bother me while I was teaching.  That's a God thing, though.  It rarely does.  But after I finished and sat down for awhile, it really started hurting again.   I know it's because I'm just really tired.  But I don't know when I'm going to have time to rest. 

 

We interviewed another possible headmaster yesterday.  She sounds great to me.  Lots of experience with private Christian schools.  Can teach English.  Has a close friend who wants to teach math.  Very bubbly.  Seems to be a real people person.  And she radiates her faith in Jesus.  She is active in her Catholic church.  She wants very much to work in Galveston.  And my favorite thing about her … she understands that we are at a crossroads.  She has hope for the future.  For Seaside Chjristian Academy's future.  And for Galveston's future.  And for the West End's future.  If we hire her, I need to spend most of the next week filling her in on what I have found out about the administration of Seaside Christian Academy.  So much for time off.   

 

We went for supper to Taco Cabana with Josh and Christi and Zak and Caleb and Kel and Christina and Micah and Jachin.  Oh, and all the people from Arlington.  It was their send-off meal.  They did a great job helping us this week.  Now we can get started of painting the trim and doing the touchup.  More work.  Woo Hoo.

 

Exodus 33:14 says, "The Lord replied, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.'"

 

Father, I am tired.  Amen.


No comments: