Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11 – “The Curse”

 

The fireplace chimney is in.  At least all except one part of it that wasn't in the package when they opened it up.  It's a collar that fits around the pipe that is inside the house and helps seal the hole in the wall.  The fireplace lady made her guys put caulk in the hole so we wouldn't have any leaks until they could get the part in. 

 

I tried to work on the sermon today.  Actually, I did get most of the research done.  I still need to compile it all into a bite sized morsel and come up with some applications that mean something to real people. 

 

I did some Seaside Christian Academy work today, too.  I think I finally have a handle on the curriculum.  At least I know most of what to order.  If all the students would get their registration and book fees in, I would feel more assured about making the order tomorrow. 

 

The school board met again tonight.  They decided to offer the headmaster position to the lady we interviewed the other day.  They also were trying to put together how much of the school's money we need to hold back to cover expenses for the year and how much we can release to help pay for the building.  The student handbook is finished.  The baseline staff handbook is in the board members' hands.  They will meet again next Tuesday to go through it.

 

I had a little time this afternoon to begin cleaning out the garage a little.  I managed to clear enough space to get the screens out of the house.  I couldn't pick up much, though.  Not only did my back hurt, but my elbow joints are aching now.  Is this the curse of the arthritic aged one? 

 

Philippians 1:4-6 says, "In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

 

Father, it's good to hear someone else has not finished a work he has started.  Amen.


No comments: