Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 13 – “Slow”

 

Days always go so slow when Chris is not around.  She left early this morning for Bay City to take her dad to a doctor's appointment in Houston.  Not that it's  something she's never done before.  She does it all the time with her mom's cancer treatments.  But it still makes time crawl.  I miss her.

 

I did some touch-up painting on the outside of the house.  There were a lot of little places where our scraper crew didn't get all the bubbles out of the old paint.  It looked fine, but the evil bubbles were still there.  I scraped as many as I could find yesterday and today, and then I painted the now-old new spots.  I also found some more places that I needed to caulk.  I thought I was finished with that.  Chris called while I was painting.  She said, "I'm here.  Are you drinking water?"  She knows me.  I forget to drink when I work, and then I get a bad headache.  Maybe when I grow up I'll learn.

 

Our contractor met the head paint guy here at the house to go over the final touch-up things.  The paint guy will be back tomorrow around 9:30.  The contractor and his crew will be here shortly after 7:30.  Whatever they have to do has to be done before the paint guys.  We're also waiting on a piece of the chimney to come in.  Guess we'll see them again soon as well.

 

I tried to follow Chris' admonition to do my computer work in the afternoon.  I'm almost done with the sermon.  The school stuff is never ending.  At least the initial curriculum order is in.  Last night Chris talked to another prospective student.  Sounds like I'll have to order some more eighth grade stuff.  The prospective headmaster is praying about the offer.  The school board is scrambling to creatively put together enough salary to hang on to this one.  She sure brings a lot to the table.  We'll see.  Soon, I hope.

 

I just took Mom to water exercise class, so it is really quiet here right now.  And how's this for a random jump?  When I got out of the truck I found a squished piece of silverware.  A fork.  Simeon & George H. Rogers Co. Stainless.  WooHoo.  Anybody hungry?

 

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

 

Father, old Simeon and George were proud enough of that fork to put their name on it.  I accepted your name on me.  I want you to be proud of me, too.  Amen.

 


No comments: