Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26 – “Tooth”

 

We left this morning and made the five-hour trek to Mansfield.  Actually, I don't really know how long it took.  I slept a lot.  I remember starting a crossword puzzle as we pulled out of the driveway.  I don't remember the causeway at all.  In fact the next thing I do remember is Chris asking me if I wanted to stop for lunch in Huntsville or go on to Madisonville.  I asked if we were in Huntsville, and she said not yet.  I guess I stayed awake for awhile after that.  I remember waving to Sam when we passed his statue.  And I started a movie – Congo.  I got it off the cheap rack at WalMart.  It wasn't bad, but the book was much better. 

 

We had lunch at Texas Burger in Madisonville, and hit the road again.  Chris is an amazing driver.  She can go forever.  After Congo I started a modern-set Pilgrim's Progress remake, but it put me right to sleep again.  When I woke up this time we were somewhere just south of the 287 turn off.  I knew that put us fairly close, so I tried again.  This time I put in a tape by Mark Lowery, a Christian comedian.  That is one I will recommend.  He's pretty funny, and he can sing.

 

I got a call about the time we were heading up to Josh's church for supper. The lady who called last week and left the garbled message had stopped by the church and made a connection.  She has a kindergartener and is also interested in pre-K for a three year old.  I'll touch base with her later on.  I wish the headmistress had been hired last night.  There is so much left to do.  We still need a math and English teacher.  I haven't heard from the science teacher about whether or not he'll teach a PE class.  Most of the curriculum is here.  The teachers are planning to start work Monday morning.  And somewhere in there I need to work on the sermon and pray and, well, be a pastor.

 

I forgot to mention yesterday that we found out where the tree came from.  My younger brother posted on my Facebook page that it was a gift from Dr. Escudier (his wife) to the post-Ike survivors.  I never would have guessed them.

 

Big news from the home front via text message from April.  Cailyn has her first tooth.  Bottom one.

 

1 Peter 1:13 says, "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed."

 

Father, thank you for exciting bench marks like new teeth.  Another time to rejoice.  Amen.


start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00

No comments: