Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2 – “Roofer’s Return”

 

Today seemed to go very slow for me.  Church was good.  We had the Mexico missionaries that Seaside supports as guest speaker.  It was good to see George and Polly again.  They had to leave right after the service to go see George's sister Cindy in the hospital.  She's my secretary and wasn't released yesterday after all.  That means I really need to go see her tomorrow.

 

Mom went out to lunch with my younger brother and his family.  They got the grand tour when they brought her home.  They seemed to like the house.  They want to get Mom a bookcase for her room for Mom's birthday later this month.  We need to find something that she likes and that fits.

 

We set up the single bed frame in the yellow room this afternoon.  With a few quick cuts from my power saw we had the slats we needed.  Now we just need the mattresses and box springs and we are ready for Zak and Christi and Caleb.

 

We had an unexpected visitor today.  The guy who set up the group from Brownwood that put the roof on our house and installed the showers at the church rang our doorbell.  He and his family were on vacation here, and had been at Schlitterbahn all afternoon.  He was tired of being around water, so he decided to come by and see the house.  It looks quite different than it did when he was here last.  It was fun to show him around.  He had comments about a lot of things.  Like when we showed him the master bathroom, he commented that he remembered the room well.  It was where he slept when they camped out here.  It was good to see him again.

 

After Don left we got back to emptying some boxes.  We found one that had been in our attic since at least 1992.  It was a bunch of little knick knacks from early in our marriage.  That one was fun.  Now we have two tables full of little things that we have to box back up and find a space for in the attic.

 

It hit me awhile ago that I have too much to do tomorrow.  I have to put together a sermon for Sunday.  I have to figure out what curriculum to order for the school.  I have to scan resumes from teachers and at some point interview some more people.  I have a ton of house prep that I wanted to get done before the group from Josh's church gets here to paint outside.  I need to visit Cindy since she wasn't released yesterday.  Chris and Mom will be at the doctor's office in Houston.  That's all on top of the usual day to day stuff.  I'm sure glad Jesus is with me.  Tomorrow I'm going to need his moral support.

 

1 Thessalonians 5:10-11 says, "He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

 

Father, thanks for the visit from Don today.  And thanks fro leading him to pray for us again.  It was encouraging.  Amen.


No comments: