Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18 – “Chain saw tuneup”

 

I started the day working on the sermon.  I have a basic outline, but still need to fill it in.  I left around eight to go to the post office and up to Dickinson.  I had to take our chain saw in to the Sears repair center.  It's still under warranty and the chain won't stay tight.  The guy said for up to $25, depending on what it needed, they could also do a mini-tuneup.  I said sure.  It won't be ready until next week.

 

We did Luby's for lunch.  All the Galveston Vaughan's except April and Chris were there.  Mom was in heaven.  She really gets a kick out of her Tuesdays at Luby's with the family.

 

I did some marriage counseling after lunch.  The couple is getting married at the San Luis next month.  They really liked the love knot that I did for them as a symbol of their lives mixed with God's. 

 

I cleaned out some boxes that were in the garage.  One of them had a bunch of off brand tools that were covered in rust.  The ones that were supposed to move – pliers, crescent wrenches - didn't.  They were a mess, so I ended up throwing most of them away.  I also finished repairing a chair that we salvaged from Mom's garage.  I'm not sure where it will end up, or even if it will hold up.  But I did sit in it.  Maybe tomorrow I can take the boxes of books in the garage to the church.

 

The Seaside Christian Academy school board met tonight.  They decided to make another offer to the potential headmaster.  It's not bad.  It's about as good as we can do right now.  They also offered a position to the lady I interviewed awhile back for elementary.  I think she's ready to go.  I finally got a message from the science teacher.  He's back in town and ready to get started.  I emailed him and asked if he was interested in doing a PE class for the high schoolers on a stipend basis if the board okays the stipends.  That would be really helpful.  I haven't heard from the Dad who I had hoped would teach Bible.  If he doesn't do it, I'll have to.  But I have already figured out that I can't do it more than two days a week.

 

I got a text from Chris during the meeting that she made it home.  They didn't do the draining thing from her Mom's lungs yet.  That department is supposed to call her and set up an appointment.  It will be done in Houston, so that means Chris may have to turn around tomorrow and head back.

 

Psalms 89:1-2 says, "I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. 2 I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself."

 

Father, I do appreciate your love.  I'm not sure I completely understand your faithfulness.  Amen.


No comments: