Friday, August 21, 2009

August 21 – “The Party”

 

My first task this morning was to follow up on a note left on the door at church praise team rehearsal Thursday night.  Come to find out there were two more kids interested in attending Seaside Christian Academy.  I emailed them the registration packet and encouraged them to sign up soon so we could order their curriculum.

 

Speaking of curriculum, the first batch arrived today.  There were just four of thirteen boxes delivered.  They each held an elementary packet – one first grade, two pre-K, and one sixth grade.  We'll see what makes the next truck.

 

We did some more painting today.  Chris worked on the white trim closest to the roof.  I did the same thing I've been doing for the last few days – touch up blue.  I think we have finished most of the front of the house.  We need to buy a roller so we can do the underside of the eaves.  The sides and back of the house are another story, though.  We need to touch up the white strip closest to the blue before we can do the final blue touchup.  We haven't done around the windows in the back yard either. 

 

After lunch Chris started sealing the grout in our bathroom.  So I went in the back yard and started cleaning tools.  It's been awhile since I tackled that chore.  It went pretty fast, though.  I actually finished two buckets.  That just leaves the one with all the sockets and several with big tools.  My Dad had quite a few really large wrenches that he used on the boat where he worked. 

 

I decided to be a Galvestonian today while we were working.  I took my shirt off.  And now I can feel it just a little bit.  I thought I would be burned pretty badly.  It was that hot.  I couldn't get that song out of my head.  The one that talks about praising God when the sun is shining down on me.  It was appropriate.  And it was better than the one from yesterday.  Take Me Out to the Ballgame.  Not the whole song, mind you.  Just that portion of it that plays when my phone rings.  Over and over and over.

 

Kel called this afternoon and officially invited me to the party at his house tonight.  It was really nice.  Nathan and April and Cailyn came, too.  We celebrated birthdays for me, Chris, and Mom.  I got a few gifts, too.  Cailyn (and her parents) gave me a picture frame is already labeled "Grandkids."  Kel's family gave me a great picture.  It is a reproduction of what Galveston looked like back in the 1800's.  He said our walls looked bare.  Chris' gift was the best, though.  She got an antique kids' potty chair with a plant in it. 

 

Psalms 91:1-2 says, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  2 I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'"

 

Father, thank you for your rest.  I sure need it.  Amen.


No comments: