Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15 – “Dremel”

 

Chris gave me a birthday present last night.  When I went to bed she was asleep already, but there was present on my side.  It was a dremel power tool.  I had one before the storm.  It is really helpful when carving.  It can do a bunch of other stuff, too, if you have the right attachments.  I was pretty excited to get it.  The funny thing though, was when I opened the gift.  It was in one of those gift bags with crepe paper stuffed on top so you can't see what it is.  When I pulled out the paper, it made that crinkling, scratchy noise.  Chris jumped and shot up out of the bed.  I don't know what she thought, but I said, "Thank you.  I love the gift."  She eased back into her pillow and kind of groaned.  I guess she was thinking that the boys would probably wake up early in the morning. 

 

Jachin and Micah actually slept until sometime after seven.  I was reading the paper when I first heard them.  Once they got awake – which took awhile – that was all she wrote for our morning.  They had big plans for playing with Nana and DadDad. 

                                                       

They stayed until just after lunch.  Their mom and dad stuck around for some spaghetti before they left.  And when they left, so did we.  We still had to clean the church.  And it took awhile.  While Chris cleaned the church, I changed the sign and cleaned up some of the supplies that belonged to Seaside Christian Academy.  We were there a long time. 

 

We heard nothing on the house today.  Didn't really expect to, with it being Saturday and all.  Chris says she want to put a trellis around the chimney holding tower.  Sounds like a great idea to me.  Then we can look out the window and see flowers or green or at least a painted trellis.  What color?  Hmmm.

 

I hurt again.  All my joints ache, but my left elbow is especially sore.  Both my big toes are throbbing and numb.  Can that be happening at the same time?  If it's numb, how can it also throb, which implies feeling?  Oh, well.  Motrin again tonight.

 

Colossians 2:8 says, "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."

 

Father, I trust you.  Amen.


No comments: