Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3 – “Bacon and eggs”

 

My first task this morning was to send a copy of the Visual Verses to a young girl who was in Church yesterday.  Visual Verses are the pictures I draw to help everybody memorize scripture.  We have a lot of fun with it on Sunday mornings.  She said it would be fun to make her youth group try to guess what they all meant.  I hit a problem, though.  The file has gotten too big to simply send as one attachment to an email.  So I had to redo them each into a separate file.  Sorry about that, Dallas area youth group, wherever you are.  But have fun.

 

I paid some bills today.  I transferred money over from savings to pay the contractor and his guys for their work.  I guess in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't much.  But we are getting down to the end of the piggy bank here.  God has definitely been good to us through all the people who have given us furniture and inside the house stuff.  We sure didn't have enough to buy everything.

 

Speaking of buying, we did have to buy a mattress and box springs for the yellow room and a mattress for the twin bed frame we salvaged.  We also had to cut a piece of plywood to go under twin mattress.  Circular saw again.  Oh, yeah.  Now Christi and Zak have a place to sleep when they get here Thursday.

 

I cleaned off some side rails that fit on our old bed.  The originals were too warped to use, so I appropriated some from some other bed we had in storage.  Now we need more slats.  It's already on my Home Depot list.

 

And we had bacon and eggs and biscuits for supper.  Always a winner.  My day is almost complete.

 

John 17:20-23 says, "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

 

Father, I want my complete day to always include you.  Forgive me for the days that do not.  Amen.


No comments: