Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 6 – “In the Morning”

 

The pressure was on today.  I had a bunch of caulking left to do and the painting team was due in around three.  I got up around six and worked on Seaside Christian Academy stuff until almost ten (and didn't get anywhere near where I wanted to).  But it was crunch time for the caulking task.  I attacked it with a vengeance, starting where I left off last night.  Then I noticed something I forgot last night, so I did that.  And while doing that I noticed something else, so I did that.  And once again I entered the realm of the "most urgent."  Oh, I got a lot done.  But I didn't really finish anything.  And then to top it all off, I ran out of caulk.  Again.  Fortunately, this time Chris was already at WalMart, so I called her.  And she didn't answer her phone.  So I started doing something else.  But then she called back and said she would bring some home.  So I stopped what I had started and went inside to wait for her and get some water.  She got home and I started back, but she stopped me when Josh called and said they were about fifteen minutes out.  "Some of that you can do in the morning."

 

I know some of it can be done in the morning.  But I wanted to do it all in the afternoon.  This afternoon.  I dutifully stopped, though, and went in and took a shower.  I finished before they arrived, but I was glad I stopped.  I got to play with Zak and Caleb, and then Jachin and Micah came over, and before we left for supper with the work team up at the church, Cailyn was even here.

 

It was great to see some of the people from Josh's church who had helped us so much right after the storm.  They were dying to see the house, but Josh was trying to keep them on schedule, and the schedule did not say, "Look at the Vaughan's house" until tomorrow morning. 

 

The Seaside Christian Academy school board met tonight amidst the visitors from Arlington.  Great meeting.  Everyone is excited and positive about the new year.  I was excited and positive that we needed to hire a new headmaster.  One of the members said, "It sounds like we should try to get this person hired in the next few weeks."  I blurted out, "Days.  Days.  Next few days." 

 

Made me think again of Psalms 30:5 – "For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."

 

Father, sometimes I just don't want to wait until morning.  Forgive me.  Amen.


No comments: