Wednesday, July 31, 2024

July 31 - “Poor Old Faithful”


I was up early again. Around five. This time I went ahead and tackled the sermon for Sunday. I needed to get the details to our worship leader Greg so he could do all the technical computer-ish stuff. I still have to hit it a few more times over the rest of the week, but it seems to be coming together. 


When Chris got up I let it be known that I was tackling the yard work, in spite of the rain shower we had around six that morning. The problem was, we have already had two or three weeks of rain. That grass is loving it. Growing like crazy. We had to get it at least knocked down some. 


And it didn’t disappoint. It was very high. Still wet. Very difficult strain on our poor old lawn mower. Have I mentioned lately that it is also on its last leg (Like the fridge, not like me. Poor old thing. It has a big rust hole on top. The power drive doesn’t work anymore. I had to tie the starter rope back together. You know. All the obvious maintenance type things).  In spite of its flaws, Old Faithful made it through one more cutting. And the yard looks pretty good. 


Joshua‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬ says, This book of instruction must not depart from your mouth; you are to recite it day and night so that you may carefully observe everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in whatever you do.


Father, thanks for the sunshine yesterday. We needed it to get that grass mowed. Amen. 

No comments: