Thursday, July 25, 2024

July 25 - “Grilled and blackened”


We found a walking route yesterday. Got in our two miles plus a little bit. Yea Us!


Lunch was a real special treat. Josh grilled and blackened some of the red snapper they caught on their deep sea trip. It’s been a while since I’ve had good deep sea fish. Thanks, Guys!


Lindsey (Zak’s girlfriend) joined us for the fish lunch. Sweet girl. Sweet food. Different categories of sweet, though. 


Basketball Camp had to adjust start and end times. The church that has the gym we use had serviced last night, so we had to be honest by six. Start time moved to four. The camp activities shifted more and more to game situations. Josh even ended up a wild game of two teams that didn’t know from second to second how many of them were allowed on the court playing at a time. I think they really enjoyed that one. 


Back home Chris and I had a big date night planned. No, not for just the two of us. Josh and Christi did that. We had a double date going. Me and AnnaGrace doubled with Chris and Luke. We went out to eat. Whataburger. Yum. Then we came back to the house and played Exploding Kittens. I lost. Bad. How bad? AnnaGrace played a  card that required me to draw two. And what did I draw? Not one, but two Exploding cards. Blown up twice. Kinda lost my head on that one. 


‭‭Psalms‬ ‭42‬:‭1‬ ‭says, As a deer longs for streams of water, so I long for You, God.


Father, thanks for the date night tonight. It was pretty special. Especially when AnnaGrace wanted to sit next to me. Amen. 

No comments: