Monday, July 29, 2024

July 29 - “A bit of a battle”


I was excited to have a chance to preach yesterday at Seaside. It’s been a minute or two. I brought my stool from home, so that helped me feel a little more comfortable. I also brought a Visual Verse. Lots of the new folks there had never seen one. That’s always fun. They still didn’t get most of it, but they seemed to have fun with it. 


Back at home, we turned on the TV for the Astros game. Sadly, they missed out on a sweep of the Dodgers, but at least they won the series. Even more sadly, though … I had a stomach issue and missed most of the game. Not fun. 


After I rejoined the human race, we watched some of the Olympics ladies’ gymnastics qualifying routines. And not long after, Chris served up some potato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Pretty good first meal after a stomach battle. 


Last night was a search for Simone Biles to watch her routine. Sneaky previews by the announcers indicated that it was touch and go for a while, but worth the watch. She didn’t disappoint. Amazing how high that girl can jump. 


Acts‬ ‭20‬:‭24‬ says, But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God’s grace.


Father, thank you for that chance to speak at Seaside. It did bring back some good memories. Looking forward to next week now. Amen. 

No comments: