Wednesday, June 7, 2023

June 7 - “Another Anniversary Day”

Another anniversary. I don’t mean that as if they are days of drudgery. On the contrary. I’m just ecstatic that we made to yet another one. 48 years as of yesterday. And the amazing thing is … she still seems to want me around. Doesn’t get any better than that. 


I gave her a portable suitcase weighing device. The idea was to also go on a trip, but our trips are kind of on hold right now, waiting to hear about radiation. 


Chris looked up the appropriate gift for 48 years of marriage. Her findings? Optical. I guess they figured after 48 years, you’re bound to be needing a new pair of glasses. Or maybe a cataract operation. She got creative, though. She gave me a four-pack of minecraft-looking sunglasses. They are awesome. Green, black, orange and pink. I wore the orange ones on our walk. I plan to rotate. She is also going to order me a new pair of sunglasses that fit over my regular glasses. The ones I have are slowly diminishing in effectiveness. 


Oh! And if that wasn’t enough, she also presented me with a brand new fillet knife for fishing. I promptly poked a hole in my thumb. Just a tiny one, but it bled a lot. It didn’t hurt though. There’s one reason to be thankful for neuropathy, I guess. Now I just need to go fishing again …


We went on our official date for lunch. We had some gift cards from Saltgrass Steakhouse, so splurge, we did. The food was good, as usual, but our server was one of the best we have ever had. Young girl named Gabby. I told her our names as well, and she called us by our names numerous times over the course of the meal. On top of that, she had a cute, braces-filled smile and a very pleasant demeanor. Hope we get her next time we go. 


We finished the day with some egg salad in our bellies and the Astros game on the TV. Here’s to 48 or so more …


Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭2‬-‭3 says, Honor your father and mother—which is the first commandment with a promise— so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.

‭‭

Father, thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Hard to add beyond that when I’m talking about the greatest gift I could have imagined - my wife. Amen. 

No comments: