Thursday, June 22, 2023

June 22 - “Speaking of frustrating …”

My big task for the day was to get the lawn sprinkler to shoot out in just one direction instead of swathing the whole area. The “Center” and “Whole yard” positions worked fine. The problem Chris approached me with was to get it into to “Right” mode. I played with it a bit and managed to get it to “Left,” but “Right” was just refusing. Very frustrating. 

Then it hit me. Yep, the same thing that you have no doubt already figured out. Why not forget about “Right” and just put it on “Left” and turn the whole thing around. Way too easy. That solution worked like a charm. Imagine that!

Speaking of frustrating, our insurance company took it upon themselves to declare that Chris’ doctor is no longer her PCP. Again. This is the third time they have done the exact same thing in the last year and a half. She spent over an hour trying to get it straightened out, and never did. Somebody from some mystery department somewhere in the UTMB system is supposed to call her within 24 hours. I’ll believe it when I see it. 


Last night I went into Texas to the visitation for the funeral I’m doing this morning. I needed to meet the family and let them see who I was. 


Meanwhile, this morning April is going with Chris to her appointment with the radiology-oncologist. They are supposed to get her all measured and marked up for the radiation treatments. 


Philippians‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬-‭10‬ says, And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ

‭‭

Father, please be with Chris at her appointment today. And be with this family as they deal with their loss. Amen. 

No comments: