Monday, June 12, 2023

June 12 - “Family connections”

After church we had an influx of humanity descend upon our house. Kel and Christina and Jachin and Micah and Josiah and Noa and Ezra all came over for lunch. Best part? They stopped on the way over and picked up lunch. Sub sandwiches all around. Queso made with some kind of white cheese. Watermelon. Dr Pepper Float Blue Bell ice cream. We watched the Astros game … sadly. Kel and I managed to doze ever so briefly. 


After they left Chris went out on the back porch and called her sister in Mexico. Yesterday was her sister’s birthday. The two of them talked for two hours. It was great that they connected again. I stayed inside. There was a rom-com on TV, but I spent a lot of the time stringing my new fishing reel onto one of my rods. I’m pretty excited about trying it out. Maybe on Wednesday …

Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭114‬ You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.


Father, thanks for family time, especially when they bring out the grub.  Amen. 

No comments: