Friday, June 2, 2023

June 2 - “Alaska Travelers Home”

Well, the Alaska Travelers are officially back home. Lauren texted around 6:30 asking if I had heard from them. I shot a quick text to the LaMarque Vaughan’s to see where they were. “On the ground, driving on the way home” was the response from Jachin. I called up their phones on the Find a Friend app and followed them the rest of the way to their house. 


Meanwhile, Chris was texting with Christina, talking about who had been feeling sick when, and how Josiah was ready to come get Leia when all of a sudden Christina asked, “Are you awake?”  “Hmm,” Chris pondered to herself. “I’ve been texting you for ten minutes. Guess I am.”  Hard to believe she really does wake up that early sometimes … but she does. 


They apparently hit the hay when they got home. Exhausted, and all. Not sure when they all started stirring again, but we got word that the plan was for them to come over today after we get back from my neurosurgeon appointment. However, I guess they couldn’t wait to see me. OK. OK. I’m sure the dog and the bearded dragon and Nana ranked higher than me. But they decided to come last night. They didn’t stay long, though. But boy, did Ezra and Noa (and Mom and Dad) never stop talking. Micah and Josiah were happy to add their two cents worth as well. It was really good to know that they are home and safe. They are ready to go to Alaska again, too. Maybe we can hop onto the next venture up north. 


Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭1‬-‭2 says, The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,”

‭‭

Father, thanks for the chance to see with our own eyes that the team is back home safely. Amen. 

No comments: