Friday, June 16, 2023

June 16 - “Stabbing … part 2? 3? 4??”

Our regular Thursday cleaning day went pretty much without a hitch. Of course my part in the CD whole scheme of things just involved straightening up the office and vacuuming the carpets. Any complaints there, come and see me. Chris did the rest, so I already know there won’t be any complaints. She’s a master cleaner, that’s for sure. 


We had to get as much done as possible before 10:15. That was departure time. I had an appointment with my back pain doc. He’s the one that did the stabbing back there once before. Then we had to put stabbing part two (of three) on hold because of Chris’ surgery. Now my neurosurgeon has added a stabbing part four to the mix. And part four will most likely jump to part three in priority. Are you keeping up with all this stabbing?  I barely am. This new one is to steroid-ize the Jurassic- er, I mean thoracic level (I think) pain I’ve been having. It’s the higher up in the middle of my back area. 


As it turned out, the doc kind of left it up to me. Did I want to get the thoracic shot now and see how that does and do the lumbar later? Or do I want to finish out the lumbar first? Easy decision for me. Hit that thoracic button. That procedure is set for the end of next week. Gives them time to shake down Medicare to see how much we have to pay before they’ll do it. 


On the way home we stopped at Olive Garden to celebrate. Celebrate what? We made it through another doctor’s appointment. Hey, when you reach a certain age, you celebrate whatever and whenever you can. 


Nahum‬ ‭1‬:‭7‬ ‭says, The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him

‭‭

Father, thank you for doctors and their commitment to find issues and help others deal with them. Amen. 

No comments: