Friday, June 30, 2023

June 30 - “She’ll be missed”

The ol’ back felt pretty good when I woke up. I was a little stiff all over after my walk the day before. First stab at exercise in a long while. But the throbbing I have grown accustomed to wasn’t there. When Chris went for her walk, I stayed behind and started cleaning house for home group. Well, I did my part, anyway. That would be vacuuming. And the ol’ back remembered that motion right away. I got the chore done, but then I had to sit down for a bit and let the spasms subside. 

In the afternoon we had to divide and conquer. Chris had an appointment with the lymphedema clinic. No big deal. They cut her loose. 

Meanwhile, I drove up into Texas for the funeral of a very sweet lady, Patsy Glass. She was very encouraging to both of us when I first started at Seaside. She was even nice to me back in my high school days when I was a somewhat rebellious young punk who wanted to hold hands with my girlfriend during the service at their church. It was good to see some of the folks who were young whippersnappers with me back in the day there to honor her as well. Patsy will sure be missed. 


Isaiah‬ ‭26‬:‭3‬ ‭says, You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.


Father, thank you for Patsy’s life and the legacy she left behind. Amen. 

No comments: