Saturday, March 6, 2021

March 6 – “What? No power? Again?”

Chris felt up to keeping her cardiac rehab appointment, so I decided to stretch my walk a little bit.  How about a three mile attempt?  That in itself was not much of a problem, but I did get a little distracted right at the beginning of the first mile.  My phone went off in a text.  Now I naturally assumed it was Chris telling me that she had made it to rehab, and that text did come.  But this was not it. 

 

Instead this one was from Janell across the street.  She wanted to know if our power had just gone out.  I let her know that I would check when I got home.  She told me some of the other neighbors were already posting about it.  About that time I rounded a corner and saw one of the nice old guys who lives near us.  He was walking back to his house from his neighbor’s.  I asked if he had power, and he excitedly exclaimed that he did not.  He was just checking with his neighbor to see what to do.  I think he was in a bit of a panic that we would be without for days again.  I later found out that all the traffic lights were out for a time on Broadway, the main Thorofare through town.  I imagine that wasn’t fun for the folks coming into town for work. 

 

I continued my walk, and before I finished I began to see porch lights on again.  Janell let me know that the power was indeed back on.  The city later posted that a blown transformer was the culprit this time.  All good.  I guess I missed all the action.  Well, except for having to reset all the electronic clocks in the house.  Oh, and the cable connection.  Fun. 

 

2 Corinthians 7:10 says, “Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.”

 

Father, thank you that your power never has blown transformers or rolling blackouts.  Amen.

No comments: