Thursday, March 18, 2021

March 18 – “It’s just not scary”

Welcome to our tropical island paradise.  Yesterday we had to turn on the air conditioner in the house.  Yep.  Those mid-70’s are killers, aren’t they?  But wait … this morning we woke up to a blustery 54 with a wind chill in the 40’s.  OK.  Which of you Northerners stuck your weather in your back pocket?  Feel free to pick it up and send it home any time.  You are more than welcome to stay, though.  Enjoy the beach and the sun and the outdoor fun … you know, all those things that pretty much require … WARM WEATHER.

 

Enough ranting.  On to yesterday.  Not much to report.  Chris has her double rehab – cardiac followed by physical therapy on her shoulder.  The shoulder lady said she was making great progress.  Chris said it still hurts.  Classic “no pain, no gain”?  After lunch she even joined me for part of my walk (Chris, not the therapist).  She is very determined to get herself in shape to hike again. 

 

I had an appointment with the ENTPA (Ear, Nose, and Throat Physician’s Assistant).  It was actually just a follow-up to check on two things.  First, how the allergy nose spray she prescribed me was working.  Great, by the way.  Makes me sleepy, so I only take it at night.  But I haven’t had a decent sneezing fit for as long as I’ve been taking it.  And I seem to be sleeping better as well.  Second, she wanted to let me know the results of the MRI.  Yes, I had already seen the results online at the MyChart site, but I wanted to see what she had to say as well.  She had just gone over the test with an ENT surgeon.  They both concur that “there is nothing scary there to worry about.”  She did confirm that there was a brain, however.  It’s just not scary.  Glad to hear it.

 

John 13:14 says, “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.”

 

Father, thank you again for the good news about my head.  Oh, and we could sure use some warm weather before Easter.  That water is still pretty chilly for baptisms.  Amen.

No comments: