Sunday, March 21, 2021

March 21 – “What will they think of next?”

We made it to that early morning soccer game of Caleb’s.  Officially it was 43 degrees.  I was afraid to check the wind chill, but Chris said it was negligible.  But we braved it anyway.  To sit outside … in an open field … for an hour and a half. 

 

And cold it was.  We were all bundled up, though.  I wore my snow jacket over a hoodie, long-sleeved shorts, and t-shirt, with accessories of gloves adorning my poor, freezing fingers.  Christi was sporting her new heated vest that Josh got her for Valentine’s Day.  Pretty creative offering there, Josh.  Wish we had had one of those things a few weeks ago here during the freeze.  Battery operated heating vest.  What will they think of next? 

 

Caleb’s team did manage to get warmed up.  So much so that they actually won the game two to nothing.  And Caleb made some good saves at sweeper.  I guess that makes it all worthwhile, huh?

 

We hung out in Waco until after lunch.  Josh grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs and chicken, which we enjoyed before hitting the road for home after a very full day and a half.  I think the kids had a good time.  They did everything from video games to airsoft wars.  We even got to watch some pretty exciting NCAA basketball games whenever Josh could commandeer the TV. 

 

The ride home was fun.  Loud, but fun.  We had supper at a Whataburger in College Station.  After a little mishap that ended in Josiah wearing a portion of his drink and rapidly downing the rest, we pulled into Buc-ees for a bathroom break.  No neurosurgeon in the bathroom this time.  At least none that I recognized.  Back on the road, I finished a John Grisham novel that I started several months ago.  Hey, I do my best reading in the car on long trips.  Well, at least after I get my nap in …

 

1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “Pray continually.”

 

Father, thank you for the chance to get some of the cousins together for some fun. Always a good thing.  Amen.

No comments: