Sunday, March 28, 2021

March 28 – “Camping with the Kents??”

It’s Sunday morning.  Palm Sunday, in fact.  It’s a pretty big day at church.  At least for me it is.  Aside from East, which is huge around here, and maybe Christmas Eve, I have more pre-service prep for Palm Sunday than any other Sunday in the year.  Gather palm fronds from somewhere (an issue now that we no longer have a palm tree in the yard.  Thank you this year to Nathan for trimming his trees).  Make palm crosses.  Prepare a prop-laden teaching.  All the while, there is also the monster Easter prep looming ahead and mingling in.  Just a full week and day.  But it will be worth it in the end.  After all, God is involved.

 

I have to share another dream segment.  Happened a day or two ago.  As with any dream, I have no idea why I happened to remember this one, but here goes …

I was involved with a summer camp.  Sort of.  It was a pretty convoluted mess of activity.  I’m not sure if I was a camper, a counselor, or just a spectator.  The interesting thing happened when campers started showing up.  I noticed the parents who brought them more than anything.  Especially one family.  Didn’t see the kid, but Mom and Dad were none other than Clark and Lois Kent.  You know, Mr. and Mrs. Superman.  Not the ones from the new TV show, though.  These were the real deal from the 1960’s comic books I grew up on.  And I guess they encouraged my dream state, because the action suddenly morphed into a vignette about a caped superhero who rides around hanging off the rear of a bus.  And finally there appeared the three bananas that had somehow been growing together, making it impossible to peel.

 

There’s one for you psych dudes to figure out.

 

Zechariah 9:9 says, Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion!

Shout, Daughter Jerusalem!

See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.”

 

Father, please be with us at church today.  Receive our Palm Sunday worship.  Amen.

No comments: