Wednesday, March 10, 2021

March 10 – “Farmer’s Daughter”

I didn’t get to walk yesterday.  Why?  Because I spent most of the morning on the phone with AT&T … again.  Yep.  They still haven’t corrected the issues from back in December.  I thought about just going back to that day’s blog from one of my earlier monthly excursions with them and just copying and pasting it here.  But after finally reaching the “Loyaly Center,” they assured me that all the issues would be cleared up by March 18th or earlier.  Otherwise …  “just call us back and we’ll be happy to fix the issue.”  Right.

 

Chris had what they call a hospital follow-up appointment yesterday.  That’s where you have to go see your PCP to let that person know that you were in the hospital.  Not sure why they can’t just get an email to check your records, but I guess they have their reasons.  Hopefully among those reasons is at least one that has to do with health rather than money.  They told her that they were going to let the cardiologist handle all issues with medication from now on.  As I recall, that’s the same thing they said back during her last visit … right before they started tweaking her meds.  Oh, well.  She has to go back in two weeks to have some blood work drawn and see the doc again. 

 

We had a quick post-library visit from the LaMarque grandkids in the afternoon.  Ostensibly, they were coming to get a clipping from one of Nana’s plants for their school lesson on botany.  Practically, they needed their pantry and ice cream fix from Nana’s Kitchen.  Of course, we enjoyed the hugs and snuggles that come along with it.  Not a bad trade-out, I guess. 

 

And speaking of grandkids, we had the privilege of picking up Cailyn and Lexie from school.  Lexie is one of our adopted grandkids.  Good friend of Cailyn’s and her parents are good friends with Nathan and April.  Her Dad is a fire fighter.  Guess we have a lot of connections there.  Besides, she’s a sweet girl to have around.  After we dropped Lex off, we went back to our house, but then we heard from Nathan that Cailyn had some Farmer’s Daughter chores to get done.  Something to do with their chickens.  Or their dogs.  Or both.  They picked up three more baby chicks.  Two of them look relatively normal.  The other one, though, has feathers on its feet.  Not sure what the purpose there is, other than I guess it won’t ever need to wear rain boots.  After chores we stopped by Whataburger for some supper.  Well, for Cailyn and me.  Chris had some heart-healthy leftovers at home, so she waited.  I did good, though.  I ordered a salad.  Crispy chicken salad.  It came out with grilled chicken, though, so I just kept it and ate healthy.  Yay me. 

 

John 15:2 says, “He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.”

 

Father, thank you for the unique educational opportunities our grandkids are getting.  Amen.

No comments: