Tuesday, March 2, 2021

March 2 – “my MUCH younger years”

Chris had a passenger with for her trip to cardiac rehab yesterday. Janell’s Mom, Janet, had a physical therapy appointment at the same time in the same place.  Pretty convenient.  She fell at work a while back and messed up her shoulder.  Her healing process has finally advanced enough to put her into PT.  I guess the two of them had veritable party time.  I’m pretty sure they put their work in, though …

 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch … I added an extra loop to my walk around the neighborhood.  That puts me up to around two and a half miles now.  Still working on speed, though.  That took me about 45 minutes.  Sigh.  I can remember back in my younger years … my MUCH younger years … when I could run three miles in around 30 minutes. 

 

We started a new jigsaw puzzle.  Finished up the 500 piece one that was kind of our quick-break relaxation event.  Next up is one that takes advantage of the Christmas-esque weather we have been having lately.  It is a creche – a manger scene.  It is oriented in a circle, so the edge pieces had somewhat of a slight curve to them.  The other pieces are the weird and crazy shapes that we enjoy so much.  This one should be interesting. 

 

Speaking of Christmas-esque weather … this morning it is 52 degrees with a wind chill of 45.  Lots of wind.  Lots of cold.  Please … turn it off.  We want our Tropical Island Paradise back, and that includes the hot weather.  I even heard someone say they would put up with mosquitoes in exchange for getting rid of the cold.  Hmm … If that really was an option … hard choice.  But we ARE used to mosquitoes.  And they do make mosquito spray.  In the meantime … pass me that long-sleeved shirt.   And that sweatshirt.  Oh, and how about my heavy jacket … again. 

 

Philippians 1:9-10 says, “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ.”

 

Father, please be with Chris and Janet as they plod through their therapy sessions.  Give them energy and stamina to get through the exercises there and at home.  Amen.

No comments: