Tuesday, January 5, 2021

January 5 – “Sparse is good”

The news around here is a bit sparse again for yesterday.  Sparse is good.  We took our walk.  We actually increased it a little bit and made a longer loop.  Chris seemed to do well.  She is determined to build her stamina back up.  Oh, and Freddy did fine as well.  She kept up with us and only tugged at the leash once.  I think we both forgot she was there.  My back did fine, but my hip started bothering me as we approached the finish line.  Looks like I have a new issue on tap.  Still not worthy enough to unseat Chris from her “Victor’s Throne” of ailments, though.

 

It was Monday, so most of the rest of the day I spent at the computer doing work stuff.  I wanted to get as much done as I could, since I have an appointment with my neurosurgeon today.  Here’s where I see how “released” I’ll get, if at all.  I’m pretty sure the lifting restrictions will be here to stay in one form or another.  But I’m ready to get back on track building up my stamina as well.  I do have to be able to keep up with Chris, after all.

 

I found out that the hospital is once again receiving applications for clergy badges.  Sounds like they are going back to being pretty restrictive about who gets one and how many hoops you have to jump through to get approved.  Maybe I can get that done after my appointment this afternoon. 

 

Psalms 146:1-5 says, “Praise the Lord.  Praise the Lord, my soul.  I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.  Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.  When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing.  Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God.”

 

Father, thank you for sparse days.  We need a few of those every so often to re-boot.  Amen.

No comments: