Saturday, January 16, 2021

January 16 - “A ‘Puzzling’ Dream”

Cailyn turned twelve years old yesterday. All she wanted was to have some folks gather at Salsas for supper. Of course it was Friday, so the restaurant was packed. We had to wait in the car for thirty minutes or so for a table to open up. It was an intimate gathering of family and friends (who are considered family). I ventured into new arenas and ordered something different from my usual quesadillas. Enchilada and tamales. Nope. Not horrible but I’m back to my usual from now on. Chris had grilled chicken. She’s behaving. April even had a cake from one of those specialty cake places. Pretty good. Raspberry, I think. The “party” was fun too. With some urging by “one who will remain nameless,” who informed the entire restaurant, we sang to Cailyn and she blew out her candle. Rory and I played some table football. That kid has potential. We all left around 9:30. That’s awfully close to my bedtime. However ...

 

I couldn’t sleep. Well, I couldn’t get to sleep until around 3 am. Why?  Well … a Mixture of Maladies.

1) Iced tea at the party made for a few trips to the bathroom.

2) My typical evening breathing issues.

3) Micah texted Cailyn a Happy Birthday on a family text at 11:15. She answered a thank you at 12:30.  Yawn.

4) My newest spinal issue: a newly pinched nerve in my neck that sends zingers through my ear and makes my jaw sore. Very strange. Not really all that painful per se, but it is overly annoying enough to keep me awake. I actually worked 14 crossword puzzles. And yes, I did move to the den so I wouldn’t wake Chris up. The couch didn’t help. Neither did Freddy. She comes in at number 5 …

5) Freddy was in the laundry room where her bed is. One time she heard something outside and started barking. Then she realized I was in the room and started whining to be let in with me. She finally settled down and went to sleep.

 

I took some Tylenol around two. I moved to the recliner around three and finally found a spot that didn’t make my neck throb or zing. I dozed off shortly thereafter.

 

THE dream woke me up around 5:15. First thing I noticed were the jigsaw puzzle pieces on the floor. Lots of them. Then I saw that a lot of the puzzle was gone from the table. Somehow I knew that Caleb had moved at least a third of the puzzle. I followed a trail of errant puzzle pieces and saw that he had taken it apart and placed them on a sheet on the floor in the other room. He was “helping” me by attaching, with rope (LARGE rope, not string), very large items to each individual piece so I would have a truly unique puzzle. He tied a green precious gem (Pretty sure it was an emerald.  Christi, better check your jewelry box) to one. Another had a LARGE screwdriver. The third had a genuine WWII Luger hand gun. Where he got the items, I don’t know. I never thought they were unusual though. I was just thinking about having to put the puzzle together again. I also worried that Freddy might have found some pieces and eaten them.

 

And as I was typing a record of this eerie experience into the Notes section of my phone and wondering what I needed to pray for Caleb about, a text came through from Josh. By now it was almost 5:30.  See, Christi had surgery yesterday morning and was having some problems with pain and nausea when she got home. Chris talked to Josh about it shortly after we got in bed and reassured them in what they were doing. The text I got indicate that they were back in the ER. (So THAT’S why Caleb was the star of the dream, and why it was stark enough to wake me up … so I’d already be awake when Josh started texting).  They had ordered an IV and were going to get her some relief otherwise as well. Just letting us know. Of course I offered to come right up, but he said the church was stepping up to help. Nice job, guys. I think the Winkles were also going to help some with the kids. We are on standby.  Chris texted as soon as she woke up.  They were just getting home around 7:30 or 8.  She is doing much better.  (But you might still want to double-check that jewelry box … just saying’).

 

Jeremiah 29:13 says, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

 

Father, please touch Christi and bring her healing. And be with Josh as well. Give him patience and keep alive his awesome loving spirit. Take care of the kiddos as well while mom recuperates. Amen.

No comments: