Sunday, January 3, 2021

January 3 – “Mickey Mouse is back”

Chris has officially started her post Christmas cleaning binge.  It’s actually a process, though, because she can’t get it all done in one day the way she does it.  Her plan is to take one room at a time and attack it until she is somewhat satisfied with the result.  Then she’ll sleep on it and the next day decide what else she needs to do in that room before moving on to the next.  It’s also her grand opportunity to try out new arrangements of furniture.  Historically that’s where I come in.  I still haven’t been cleared to do any heavy lifting, though.  Not sure that clearance is ever going to come.  I do see the neurosurgeon on Tuesday for my follow-up appointment, though.  But back to the room.  We pretty much finished the family room.  That’s where the Christmas tree was.  Even though it is an artificial tree, that thing sheds just like a real one.  It takes forever to get up the remnants.  Oh, and speaking of remnants, we have to undecorate at church, too.  Maybe we can get some folks to stick around for a bit after church today. 

 

As part of the process, we brought our puzzle table back inside.  Chris brought out the one we had been working on.  Mickey Mouse is back and apparently declaring his undying love to Minnie.  Cute picture, but a really hard puzzle to get into.  I got the edges back together and even found a few new places to fit pieces.  We’ll be on this one for a while.  Feel free to fit a piece or two whenever you come over. 

 

We also watched some college football.  We decided it was kind of hard to get into the games without the fans in the stands or – and this was the surprising piece that I really miss – without the bands.  There’s just something so college-like about the fight song being played after a touchdown.  I don’t remember everybody we watched play.  One game was full of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, though.  Really wild.  And it wasn’t just one player or coach.  IT was a different one every time.  Guess that was good, though.  no one got ejected from the game.  I watched a lot of the Texas A&M game last night.  I confess I went on to sleep in the fourth quarter with the score 27-20 against them.  Little did I know the Aggies would score three times in the second part of that last quarter to win the game 41-20.  Nice job, Aggies. 

 

John 15:5 says, “I am the vine; you are the branches.  If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

 

Father, thank you for a day where our biggest concern was couch placement and Aggie football.  It was nice.  Amen. 

No comments: