Wednesday, January 13, 2021

January 13 – “Minnie’s missing nose”

I wheeled out the garbage early in the morning.  And that’s a remarkable thing … why?  Not so much remarkable as … cold.  Really cold.  It was 39 degrees.  I was hesitant to even check the wind chill.  But I did.  34 degrees.  Ouch.  No walks around the block until that thermometer hits closer to 50 at least.  OK, I hear myself saying all that, and the younger version of me deep down inside is laughing and snidely remarking, “Hah.  You used to run in the snow when you lived in Denver.”  Indeed I did.  But that’s part of the reason I moved to a tropical island paradise. 

 

We did make an effort to bundle up and go to Randall’s.  We needed some fruit, and we were one stamp away from Chris’ goal of getting two of the pans they were offering in a promotion.  We got the stamp.  And they were out of the pans.  But they assured us they would have some more in a week or so.

 

After I spent some more time working on the sermon, we shifted gears and put in some jigsaw puzzle time together.  We are slowly but surely getting ol’ Mickey done.  We’re having some difficulty locating Minnie’s missing nose, however.  Ah, the trials and tribulations of a puzzler, right?

 

Matthew 5:10 says, “Blesses are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

 

Father, please keep the folks who had to have their vaccination postponed safe and calm.  Sounds like the trauma of the notifications is just as troubling for them as the fear of Covid.  Amen.

No comments: