Sunday, January 10, 2021

January 10 – “…uncomfortable at times …”

Wow.  Did I ever sleep late yesterday.  I didn’t get out of bed until seven.  I guess I was primed for the day, because I went ahead and did a mile walk since Chris was still asleep.  And did I mention that it was cold?  Yep.  Cold.  45 degrees with a wind chill in the 30’s.  Cold.  I had on a t-shirt, a long-sleeved flannel shirt, a hoodie, and my heavy jacket (the one that is one step below my snow jacket).  I didn’t grab gloves, though.  could have used them.  And I did wish I had a stocking cap to cover my ears.  This getting healthy kick can be … uncomfortable at times.

 

We had a phone call from Waco.  AnnaGrace wanted to show us a new friend she had accumulated.  She called it “My Little Pony.”  I’m not sure it was from the franchise of the same name, but little it was.  Tiny, in fact.  Fit in the palm of her little hand.  Cute, girly stuff.  There in Waco they are getting ready for a projected Winter Storm Meghan of Hallmark Channel proportions.  100% chance of snow.  I tried to talk Chris into driving up there after church.  She declined.  Sigh.  Travails of living in a tropical island paradise.

 

The LaMarque Vaughan’s came over for supper.  In fact, they brought the supper.  Christina made spaghetti and meatballs.  Pretty good stuff.  They were on the Island for one of their regular visits to the library.  Glad those youngsters like to read.  After we ate, we settled in to watch some sports on TV.  I finally got to see a Baylor men’s basketball game.  Been trying all season.  They made short work of TCU.  I’m not sure they can beat Gonzaga, but that would be a really good game.  After that game we watched some pro football.  The older guys are doing a fantasy football thing.  I have no idea what teams were playing.  Don’t really care.  The boys were rooting against Tom Brady, though, if that sheds light on anything.  Oh, and that team without a name from the East Coast played, too.  Not sure if it was the same game, though.  Who won?  Don’t know.  Did I mention that I don’t care?

 

But today it’s off to something that I do care about … church day.  And we get to pick up Cailyn to come with us.  She always brightens the day of everyone there. 

 

Hebrews 10:24-25 says, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another – and all the more a you see the Day approaching.”

 

Father, thanks for all of our youngsters.  And please be with us at church today.  Amen.

No comments: