Monday, January 18, 2021

January 18 – “Reminds you of … who??”

We had another great group gathered yesterday for worship. Great singing as usual. Thank you, Praise Team, for your leadership there. And I always love it when there is a lot of interaction during the teaching. I was really proud of the way everyone pitched in and got the Christmas decorations taken down and put away. And of course the dinner on the grounds setup went smoothly as usual. Have I told you lately how great it is to be a part of the Seaside family?  Well ... it is!

 

I had my teaching style critiqued. I was compared to someone ... unexpected. One of our newest Seasiders told me That my teaching reminded her of ... Robin Williams. Yep. THAT Robin Williams. I chuckled at the thought, and she hastily added, “Now, don’t get me wrong. I love Robin Williams. In fact, I would have married him, but he killed himself before he met me.”  Well, OK then.  Thanks, I think …

 

Sadly, we didn’t get to stay for dinner on the grounds. We left church right away to head to Waco.  Christi had surgery this past week and was having some complications. We were heading there to take our turn in the rotation of helping around the house and with the kiddos (that includes Josh, I suppose. At least as far as his Mommy is concerned ... it does). 

 

The drive up there was very pleasant. Of course you’ll have to ask Chris for any details. I may or may not have crashed for a few minutes on the way. Just a few, though ...

 

It was great to see the kids. We both even got unsolicited hugs from AnnaGrace. Christi seems to be doing some better. We did see her face right after we arrived. And later in the evening she came into the living room to hang out with everyone. Her doc appointment is tomorrow, so keep the prayers coming.

 

Psalms 4:8 says, “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.”

 

Father, please continue to surround Christi with your love and healing. And take care of her kids ... Josh included. Amen.

No comments: