Saturday, January 30, 2021

January 30 – “Hey, Buddy. That’s my car.”

We walked our mile again yesterday.  And it was surprisingly cold.  The bitter wind was out of the Northeast, so the trek was more difficult when we turned down certain streets.  I checked the temperature app on my phone to see what kind of horrific weather this was that we were suffering through.  54 degrees.  Awful.  And we were outside, so it felt like about 20 to us.  Bring us back our warmth … please.

 

We went to WalMart.  Mainly because it was restock the bananas day.  I also picked up a new belt.  Mine has definitely seen better days.  Problem, though.  They didn’t have the size I needed.  I decided to try one size bigger.  Unfortunately, I didn’t try it on in the store.  It is way too big.  Well, I guess I could get by with it on the very last hole provided.  But wait.  I just had an idea.  I could lower my waistline to about mid-thigh.  That should do the trick.  Hey, it’s a fashion statement for a lot of guys, isn’t it?  Sigh.  I know.  Chris wouldn’t let me out of the house.  So, don’t work, folks.  It’s now in the return pile. 

 

When we returned to the car I had a brief scare.  As we rounded a large van parked next to us, there stood a gentleman at the front door of our car.  The opened front door of our car.  I almost stepped up to challenge him.  You know, “Hey, Buddy.  That’s my car.”  But my better sense that shows up on rare occasions stopped me.  Good thing.  Come to find out, it was not our car.  It was the Ford version of our Chevy Equinox.  Sorry, fella.  Have a wonderful shopping experience …

 

We started a brand new jigsaw puzzle.  This one is all about the National Parks system.  Hey, if we can’t actually go there, we may as well quietly pine over what might have been (or what might yet be.  How’s that for a Covidly optimistic take on things?)  This one is very different.  It has words.  Lots of words.  But there is a problem.  Most of them are the same words, over and over and over.  Big Bend NATIONAL PARK, Denali NATIONAL PARK, Rocky Mountain NATIONAL PARK.  All over the puzzle the words NATIONAL PARK are repeated over and over.  At least the fonts are different.  Mostly …

 

Isaiah 55:1-2 says, “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat!  Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.  Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?  Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.”

 

Father, please be with that guy and his little daughter who were parked next to us at WalMart.  And thank you for checking my spirit of challenge.  Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

54 degrees...cold... shorts weather