Friday, January 29, 2021

January 29 – “Snoopy or National Parks?”

I had the early start yesterday.  I met Kel at the mechanic’s shop at 8 a.m. to drop off their car to be worked on.  Then I took him back over to the post office so he could get to work on time.  Since I was going to be out anyway, I arranged to pick up my minister visitation badge (or whatever they are calling it nowadays) from UTMB.  I met the lady taught me how to do Zoom.  Well, if you can call talking from behind a mask actually meeting someone.  She was the one who did my required Zoom orientation a few weeks ago. 

 

After the hospital I did some fire station visits.  Station 2 first, then Central, station 5, and station 4.  I know that sounds like a crazy order, but it’s actually geographical from the East End to our house.  It was great to see some of the guys again.  A few of them even said they have been missing seeing me since our whole Covid mess plus my back surgery and Chris’ heart attack.  They have apparently been following our ups and downs through word of mouth or my blogs. 

 

Just before home group last night we finished our latest jigsaw puzzle.  A bunch of cookies decorated to look like ugly Christmas sweaters.  Extremely colorful and lots of random shapes.  It was much, much easier than the last one we did.  Plus we finished this one without having a single piece chewed up by Freddy.  Milestone, for sure.  Now we decide which one to do next … Snoopy or National Parks?

 

Psalms 139:13-14 says, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”

 

Father, please be with our fire fighters.  Sounds like they are getting used to new schedules and Covid procedures amid their usual stresses.  Grant them peace and draw them closer to you.  Amen.

No comments: