Tuesday, May 7, 2019

May 7 – “But the seagull …”


I guess I started something with my blog about poopage yesterday.  Apparently a seagull read it.  We were innocently watching our neighbor Brennan play a baseball game last night.  Suddenly I felt what I thought was a tiny trace of a raindrop flick on my arm.  I glanced down in time to see … Chris aghast in horror, groping into her purse for assistance.  Yep.  An offensive seagull had targeted her pink jacket and accomplished a direct hit on her shoulder.  She desperately wiped it away as best she could, and we resumed watching the game.

But the seagull …

Nope, the seagull was not finished.  Happy to have found that the usually ever-moving location of the Seagull Latrine was finally stationary, the seagull swooped in for another run.  Pow!  You guessed it.  Although he missed the jacket this time he did find her shirt – a much harder target.  More points, I imagine, in this grand seagull game of skill and accuracy. 

Now I have to say here that I have lived in Galveston a good portion of my life, and I have never seen anyone nailed twice in a row like that.  I was ready to tip my cap to that bird.  Well, almost ready.  Well, actually I wasn’t about to take my hat off until we were safely inside the car.  Unbelievable. 

But the seagull …

No way.  It couldn’t possibly be.  Yep.  The seagull returned for a third and final pass.  And it was once again a successful one.  Well, successful for him.  Not so much for Chris.  By then I had moved just a little further away from her.  This was absolutely unheard of.  Three shots in about an hour’s time.  Guess our laundry will see a bit of an volume increase today …

Galatians 2:20 says, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

Father, thank you for the fun of the baseball game, and especially for Chris’ great attitude.  Amen.

No comments: