Wednesday, May 15, 2019

May 15 – “Pray for … who?”


It was an … interesting morning.  An early morning.  A very early morning.  I woke up at 3:30 a.m.  Why?  Well, I’m not exactly sure.  I didn’t have to go to the bathroom.  I wasn’t in pain.  I just woke up.  Wide awake. 

Now, Chris and I have this thing we have committed to.  If ever we wake up and are thinking about a specific person, we will pray for that person right then.  No waiting.  No questions asked.  As a result our kids and grandkids, along with countless folks we have met at church, have received an extra dose of prayer at odd hours of the morning.  Well, this was apparently one of those times.  Because, you see, I did have someone immediately flash into my mind.  Two someones, actually.  Honestly, I tried to will them away, but they kept coming back.  And the more I pushed, the wider awake I became.  I finally gave in and prayed for both of them.  I know nothing at all about either of them, however.  It was one of those, “OK, God.  You know these folks; I don’t.  Keep them in your hands” kind of prayers.  Oh, did I not mention who those sleep interlopers were?  Robinson Chirinos, the catcher for the Houston Astros, and Julia Morales, one of the Astros announcers.  Very strange.  But hey, they need prayer, too, right?

As it turned out, I went ahead and got up.  Got quite a bit of work done before Chris joined me several hours later.  Sure made for a long day, though.  A real long day.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 says. “All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

Father, please be with Robinson and Julia, whatever their needs are today.  Draw them close to yourself.  Amen.

No comments: