Tuesday, May 21, 2019

May 21 – “The psyche of a goofball”


Quick update on the bedbug front.  Still no phone call from the general manager.  But I did get one of those survey emails from corporate headquarters.  Oh, yeah.  Believe me … I filled that one out.  It even gave me the option to be transferred to Tripadvisor.com when I finished.  So I went there as well.  I doubt anything else will come of it, but at least I was able to tell somebody we were less than satisfied …

We did get our three-miler in yesterday.  Lots of stops, though.  The little old dog lady was back out again.  She always likes to stop and talk.  But the big event was the fire truck on the next street over from us – right in our very back yard.  Turns out they were assisting on an EMS call.  They fire fighters were needed to help lift the patient.  Further turns out we knew the truck driver quite well.  Yep.  It was Nathan.  Glad to have the guys of GFD on the job.

After I caught up on my massive Monday work (Hmm.  Say that fast four times), we started back to work outside in the back yard.  I am still trying to get the chain link fence torn down while doing as little damage to the wisteria as possible.  It’s a dirty, tiring job, but somebody’s gotta do it.  I got one more complete section done and one post with all its concrete pulled from the ground.  Concrete all broken up and piled, ready to make its way into the trash cans at appropriate intervals.  Speaking of which, I need to add some before the truck arrives this morning. 

Meanwhile Chris was busy doing all kinds of yard maintenance the likes of which I can only marvel at, mostly involving water.  I was spared what should have been the inevitable spraying with the hose.  Well, “inevitable” if I had been the one holding the hose, anyway.  I have many such silly dreams while doing manual labor.  Fine-tuning such a fantasy world makes it much easier to carry out goofiness in the real world when opportunities arise that are just too good to pass up.  Wow.  A glimpse into the psyche of a goofball.   No extra charge …

Philippians 4:7 says, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Father, thank you for the presence of fire fighters in our neighborhood.  Very encouraging just to know they are around.  And be with our neighbor who had a trip to the hospital.  Amen.

No comments: