Sunday, December 9, 2018

December 9 – “A tooty-toot day”


After my tough night the night before, I was still wide awake a little before six yesterday.  Glad I was.  It gave me a chance to view the frenzied last minute blur of activity that was Chris before she left of the Bethlehem Street Market at church.  I sent some of the crew a selfie of me in my Seaside t-shirt, tooting my walker horn.  Gave them a really tooty-toot start to their upcoming tooty-toot busy day.  Also, I didn’t want to be overly-missed.

The day turned off kind of chilly, so everything seemed to be moving in slow motion – at least around me.  I know it was just beyond crazy at the church, and I am still as proud as I can be of Chris and all the Seasiders who worked so hard to make it happen.  I watched the Army vs. Navy football game, but the highlight of my day came when Sam returned with some more food.  This time she was bearing gifts from the Market kitchen.  Brisket and two different kinds of soup and some chocolate chip cookies.  But more significant even than the food was the chance to chat.  Thanks again for stopping by, Sam.  Chris ended up not getting home until well after 6:30.  She was cleaning up and getting things ready to go for church today.  That’s a long day – 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.  Whew. But I think she was pleased with the results.  Apparently she had quite a few responses, especially from vendors, telling her how great the market was and how much they appreciated how the Seasiders went out of their way to be kind and helpful.  Sounds to me like some Jesus-ing was happening.

Another fun sight showed up in my field of internal vision.  This time it was a macramé panel hanging from the ceiling.  About 2 feet wide, it hung floor to ceiling next to the TV.  It wasn’t blocking my view of the screen, though, so I pretty much ignored it …

Psalms 119:33-35 says, “Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.  Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.  Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.”

Father, thank you for all the hard work done at the market yesterday.  Bless those folks for their efforts.  Amen.

No comments: