Monday, December 31, 2018

December 31 – “Nailed it”


 I have been saving up my dreams and visions.  There just haven’t been many lately.  The last three have been interesting.  First there was the night of the fried chicken and coyotes (not fried).  They weren’t connected in any way, although I’m pretty sure the coyotes wouldn’t have minded a taste of the chicken.  Also I saw a lawn chair outside with a pleasantly smiling Ewok head on it that was being drenched with water.  Still trying to figure out the coyotes and the Ewok wet head.  But we did eat fried chicken for lunch to celebrate. 

Wow.  Did we ever have a big day yesterday.  All ten grandchildren.  Oh, and their parents.  After church (where we had a surprisingly large crowd for the last Sunday of the year) they all descended upon us for a big roast beast lunch.  Then there was pizza for supper.  And in between we had our family Christmas celebration.  Scooters and hover boards (No, I didn’t try it.  It looked altogether too much like the balance physical therapy things I have been doing for the past two weeks) and games of all sorts (Mine was called “What’s in Ned’s Head?”  You dig inside this guy’s big ugly head for the one treasure you seek.  That means reaching through his ears or nose of mouth.  Very strange) and Legos and even a crazy chicken that makes such a racket that his battery got switched off.  He was a personal favorite of me and Ezra.  But he was April’s gift.  Chris’ special gift was a series of framed photos of none other than … the grandkids.  There were three of them.  One of just the girls.  One of just the guys.  And one of all of them standing side by side in the order in which they were born.  Very special stuff.  I would say the youngsters nailed it this year.  Speaking of pictures … Corey came over from across the street and took some pictures of all 18 of us together.  I haven’t seen them yet, but I’m sure they will be a big hit as well.

Great day.  Pretty great year.  Let’s do another …

Psalms 119:168 says, “May my cry come before you, O Lord; give me understanding according to your word.”

Father, thank you so much for my families this year.  The one you provided for me by blood, and the one you created through connection with you.  Amen.

No comments: